One Way: The Way to God and to Heaven (John 14:1-6)

"One Way, Jesus! You're the only One that I could live for!" - Hillsong United ☝

Dear hopeful heaven habitant,

You may be wondering what steps to take. You may be pondering which rules not to break. Well, there’s only One Way. Read below the passage for this blog’s first day:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

(John 14:1-6 NKJV)

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus talking to His apostles at the Last Supper

From Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary, the minister wrote, “Christ is the sinner’s Way to the Father and to heaven, in his person as God manifest in the flesh, in his atoning sacrifice, and as our Advocate. He is the Truth, as fulfilling all the prophecies of a Saviour; believing which, sinners come by him the Way. He is the Life, by whose life-giving Spirit the dead in sin are quickened.”

There’s no other way to heaven but to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Just believe in Him, and you’ll have righteousness and God’s favor. It says in Romans 10:9, “if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” He is the only One who conquered death. He is the Truth that fulfilled the messianic promise of not having God’s Holy One see corruption in Sheol (Psalm 16:10). Because of this, He gives His life to whoever believes, for “it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).”

Now don't think all you need to do is believe, for through this faith, a loving heart is conceived. Faith without loving acts is useless (James 2:17). If you follow the Way, you must not be heartless. You must live a life following His commands. You must be the Way's feet and hands. Walk and work in His ways that He may be with you always. 

There it is all laid out—what everything is all about. The way to live is Christ. The Way to heaven is Christ. The reality is Christ. The True Savior is Christ. The only meaningful life is in Christ. The Resurrection and Life is Christ.

God bless you!

Sincerely,

Celina <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10,000 Reasons: A Compilation of Good News in 2023 (Psalm 103:1-5)

Set a Fire: Follow the Light of the World (Numbers 9:15-18, 22-23)