Shout Your Fame: Sharing God’s Message (Genesis 37:5-11)

 “I will shout Your fame to all the earth, I will lift Your name on high...” – Hillsong Worship 📢

Dear gift grabber,

Have you received too much of something that you have to give some away? Or have you noticed whether you just keep receiving? Think taking and not giving back is okay?

When something’s too good, we can’t keep it to ourselves. We just have to tell somebody. See in the passage how Jacob’s son did just that.

Genesis 37:5-11 (NKJV)

5 Now Joseph had a dream, and he told it to his brothers; and they hated him even more. 6 So he said to them, “Please hear this dream which I have dreamed: 7 There we were, binding sheaves in the field. Then behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and indeed your sheaves stood all around and bowed down to my sheaf.”

8 And his brothers said to him, “Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

9 Then he dreamed still another dream and told it to his brothers, and said, “Look, I have dreamed another dream. And this time, the sun, the moon, and the eleven stars bowed down to me.”

10 So he told it to his father and his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall your mother and I and your brothers indeed come to bow down to the earth before you?” 11 And his brothers envied him, but his father kept the matter in mind.

We may think why Joseph told his family his second dream when his brothers hated him more after telling the first. It shows it doesn’t matter to him if he’ll be abhorred; he just got to share what meant a lot to him. He might have thought that what was revealed to him was an important message. He dreamt that his family bowed down to him. It’s like God is saying he’ll be that great in the future. Spoiler alert: It did come true! His brothers bowed before him (Genesis 42) and his father Jacob submitted to his demand that they bring Benjamin (Genesis 43).

Sharing should be our response, too, when we’ve learned something about God. Like Joseph’s boldness, let’s not be hindered by the possibility of being hated. We are commanded to proclaim the gospel, for we wouldn’t want the people around us to go to hell. Am I right? Don’t you feel obligated to share Jesus to someone you know who doesn’t follow Him? This makes me think of adding some people to my prayer list.

It doesn’t stop with the people you know. What about the rest of the world? One of the churches I’m attending, CCF, is celebrating its anniversary and missions month this August. Join us in praying for the rest of the world to know Jesus. Check out specific prayer concerns on missions in this link: https://www.ccf.org.ph/beyond/pray/

I titled this epistle after one Hillsong Worship song I love. Shout Your Fame declares the believer’s resolution to tell all the earth about Jesus. I made this blog because I want to do just that. I may not reach many people now, but I’m doing my best to do my part.

If you have been following along my epistles, you know by now that my blog titles are song titles followed by a subtitle of my own. I put all these songs in playlists, which you can listen to here: https://therhymingepistles.blogspot.com/p/song-titles-playlist.html

(I'll be updating the playlist every time I have a new post because I will stick to naming my entries after Christian songs.)

When you get to know Jesus, you’ll feel loved, you’ll feel blessed, you’ll feel happy. It’s almost impossible to keep your mouth hush-hushy. He’ll fill your cup until it overflows, until you have too much that you have to share even to your foes. The more you know, the more your light glows to shine to those who doesn’t know, so let it burn, let your life show that in Christ’s presence is the place to go.

With love,

Celina <3


NextThe Lord Takes Such Good Care of Me: God Loves Us All Equally (Genesis 48:13-19)

PreviousTruth Be Told: Little Lies Aren’t Pretty (Genesis 27:19-25)

Series 3: Genesis 12-50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10,000 Reasons: A Compilation of Good News in 2023 (Psalm 103:1-5)

Set a Fire: Follow the Light of the World (Numbers 9:15-18, 22-23)